Top Rated Foundations For Oily Skin

Despite trying just about everything and spending thousands of dollars it has taken me nearly ten years to get the perfect foundations for oily skin. My oiliness first came into play when I was around sixteen, and on top of all the other uncomfortable changes that were going on inside me, I developed oily skin as well. For a couple of years I had pretty bad acne, so my high school days were spent as 'pizza face'. Kids can be so cruel.

Ten years later and the acne is gone, and my skin is not that bad really except for the oiliness. If you've ever tried to find good foundations for oily skin, you will know what I went through too. The thing about foundations for oily skin is that they are extremely drying. All of the ones I have tried just end up making my face look like a desert, or worse a pancake.

\"Makeup For Oily Skin\"

I gave up on foundations for oily skin for a while, and just used a combination of concealer and powder to do my face, but I was constantly reapplying the powder and inevitably the shine through on my forehead nose and chin would appear again anyhow. It was better than a "caked on" look, but by no means ideal.

Top Rated Foundations For Oily Skin

My breakthrough with foundations for oily skin came at my sister's wedding, when as Maid of Honor I got to get my makeup and hair professionally done. The makeup artist had this nifty looking contraption with her which turned out to be an airbrush machine for foundation. I was very impressed with the coverage it gave me, and the way it felt on my skin, but still put my powder pack and blotting paper in my purse as I always seem to get oilier at weddings and places with lots of light.

Half way through the evening I went to the lady's room to powder my nose (literally) and stood in shock in front of the mirror, because my face still had the same flawless, dewy look that it had straight after I'd had my makeup done. I was so excited I did a little happy dance right there on the spot, which got me a few weird looks from the other ladies, but I didn't care. I had found it, after all these years.

After the wedding I called up the makeup artists and asked her about the airbrushing and about foundations for oily skin. She said she has had the same reaction from another of ladies who also suffered from oily skin, and that there was a range of at-home kits available. As I had had great results from hers, I wanted the same as she had, which was a Dinair kit, and I could buy the exact same one online.

It took me a little while to get the hang of the application, but there were some great videos on the Dinair website which helped. Now I go out confident everyday, I still have a packet of blotting tissues in my bad just in case, but you know what? They are still unopened after nearly three months and I have thrown away all my other foundations for oily skin.

Top Rated Foundations For Oily Skin

Click Foundations For Oily Skin For More Information.

I'm a full time student and live with my husband Brad and 2 year old baby girl Yoli. We have 2 cats and I've always been fascinated with the makeup and beauty industry. I love to do research on a number of topics, beauty and makeup being my favorite.